Today, I did a facelift without surgery.
Not on myself of course (far too early for that!), on the front of the salon. I did a long needed paint job to give the outside a boost. The color that was there before had become faded and many of my neighborhood clients kept saying they had not seen the place before. Surprising, since I have been in the same spot for 15 years now. So off I went to choose a new color to brighten the place up and brighten it did. It got me thinking about how just a new color or hairstyle can give a facelift without surgery.
I read many fashion magazines and in recent times, various facelift surgeries have been discussed with far more frequency. It is no longer taboo to talk about having something done. If you are like me, the idea of surgery is a last resort. All the lifts have to organic and no pain factor. Some of the best ways to do this are actually through hair styling.
To give yourself a facelift without surgery, you could try any of the following services.
- Braids: this method takes the hair away from the face, leaving the face exposed and giving a more youthful look. It might hurt a bit if it is your first time, but it takes at least 5 years away. The trick here is not to get it done too tightly and the same way every time as this leads to hair loss in the long run.
- Weaves (braided in): These use the braided tracks to add hair extensions. Again, if done too tightly, it can cause hair loss over time but you can add length and volume while it looks like your own.
- Ponytails: these pull the hair away from the face and take years off.
- Up styles: half up/half down also help to give the face a lift.
- A new color: whether to change a current color; cover grey or add highlights works just as well too.
Painting the front of the salon took a bit of time but if you try any of these styles I am sure you too can have a facelift without surgery. The results will do wonders for your self-esteem.
By Paula Barker (Silkielocks.com)
Buy my e-book: Dreadlocks: A Hairstylist’s Manifest (Silkielocks.com/Amazon.com)
***This post contains affiliate links to products/services that I feel may be relevant to you. I may be compensated for any purchases made through these links. Thanks for your support.
Call (613) 789-2179 For An Appointment If You Are In The Ottawa, Ontario area.