I did not realize this was so widespread but is
anyone else in pain after maintenance on their dreads? If you have been following me, you might know I use the crochet and palm rolling methods for dreadlocks. Therefore, at first, I did not pay much attention when I heard murmurs about discomfort felt from interlocking.
If you speak with someone using the interlocking method, they will tell you it is:
- Easier to do
- Takes less time
- Tight to the head
- Stays tighter longer
- They can learn this method easily by watching how-to-videos.
Nowadays, we are being told some not-so-wonderful things
about the interlocking method. These are
- Locticians that use this method care only about tightening the roots
- the length of the locs are “messy”
- The hair is done so tightly, it can take two weeks for the hair to loosen up.
- Clients mostly have severe breakage on the perimeter of the hair.
By Paula Barker, Silkie Locks Hair Design