There are all types of conditioners available on the market for any hair type.
There is one type called a deep conditioner that claims to smooth, repair, detangle and strengthen; but does deep conditioning really work?
The majority of the people who ask for a deep conditioner, usually have passed the point of an easy return. They have watched the hair fall, break or disappear for a period of time before they make an effort to repair it. Being the highly-motivated procrastinators humans are, we figure we will fix it sometime in the future. The future happens when either the spot goes bald, the hairline has left or a section of hair looks like someone used a blunt object to cut it and didn’t finish the job.
Call (613) 789-2179 For An Appointment If You Are In The Ottawa, Ontario Area.
One of the frequently asked questions hair stylists get is does deep conditioning really work?
It does, but that depends on why you are requesting one. Here are a few examples when it works but might not be enough:
- Your hair has broken off and you have not done a haircut.
- You have straightened it manually or chemically, and the hair is fried.
- Your iron and/or nutrition is low.
- You continue to do hairstyles that pulls the hair tightly.
- You never ever do regular trims on the ends of the hair.
- You do not deep condition regularly.
The hair needs care as you would your nails and skin so does deep conditioning really work is a yes if you use it effectively.
By Paula Barker, Silkie Locks Hair Design