Sometimes along the loc journey, some people find they need a loc comb out and
resize. This may not be because they messed up, it happens. It is just as someone who purchased a ring at 20 years old has to have it resized at 40. Time adds up and change is a natural occurrence.
A loc comb out and resize can occur for several reasons, e.g.
- The locs were small when they were started and now the roots are unable to hold them
- The sizes of the locs are random: an extra-large loc here; a tiny one there.
- The client might wish to have all of the dreads looking more of the same size
- There is breakage or hair loss and resizing will cover the short spots better
- If it makes better sense to comb the dread out to make the parts look better.
- The client wants them redone.
In a normal appointment, a loc comb out and resize is done on a “need to” only basis. Combing out a dread can take a bit of time, depending on the method used to do it and how long it has been in that state. If you have to do quite a number of them, you will need more time so book accordingly.
By Paula Barker, Silkie Locks Hair Design
Call (613) 789-2179 For An Appointment If You Are In The Ottawa, Ontario Area.